Monday, December 11, 2023

Zone Conference and Transfer Calls!

 Hello Everyone,

This week has been filled with a lot of fun and especially a lot of Christmas activities! So here are some of the big events...

The service schedule continues as we have been able to plan and go through with a bunch of different projects. We got to sand some stuff to paint, chop some firewood, and shovel some snow! All in all I have seen the joy that it brings to serve in ways that are more physical. It feels good to help.

This week we had the opportunity to go to Zone Conference! That means that we got to drive up to Copenhagen and spend the day Christmas caroling in the centrum and next to the Kristus Statue!!! It was super pretty and I will include pictures of our time there below. Another part of Zone Conference was the great company of our mission President and all the Denmark Missionaries! I got to see all the missionaries that I was with before and more. I love uniting and being together. I also got a video from home that the mission office collected from missionary families. My siblings and parents all shared qualities I have that help me as a missionary. It made me smile. 

After we arrived home from the conference we got to go to our branch Christmas party! We ate a lot of classic Danish food and partied with the Danes. We played some games and then in the end just had an amazing time! The food was delicious and I most definitely ate too much! It was sooooo good. I did have 7 helpings of the rice pudding in hopes that I would get the almond. I've been doing this tradition for years with my Grandma, so it felt like home. They hide 1-2 almonds in delicious rice pudding, if you get an almond it gives you good luck for the next year (or something along those lines). I did not get an almond. But, it was worth all the delicious rice pudding to try. 
 
An experience that particularly stood out to me was when we sang Silent Night in front of the Kristus Statue! We got to truly feel the spirit in front of an amazing depiction of the loving and embracing arms of the Savior! The moments we shared there were by far one of my favorite memories and a spirit filled experience I have had yet, and really set a wonderful tone for my Christmas season. 

My companion and I are both staying in our area for another transfer. We are both very happy about this. The work continues and we feel grateful. 

Thank you everyone for your prayers and I will see ya next week!

Love,
Elder Lines

Pictures are of Danish food and the Kristus Statue with us!









No comments:

Post a Comment